Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mood: Frustrated

    I felt more confident coming into the Classic City High School for the second time.  John was here again which was wonderful.  He was also more open with me during this session.  Because I was feeling more confident, I became more involved with his activities.  He tends to try to take the easy way out of assignments.  Instead of trying to understand what the question is asking, he just guesses what the answer is.  This makes it very difficult for me to not just give him the answer because as soon as I mention a specific answer he selects it and then asks me if it is correct.  How can I respond to that?  I respond by reading through each answer in relation to the question.
    The test that John completed today was the longest that he had ever completed.  It took even longer because I was rereading the answers in an attempt to not give him the answers to the questions.  John got very frustrated and began to give up.  Luckily the test ended shortly after he began to give up and we were able to move on to different lessons.
   There were many mistakes and typos within the lessons.  If what they're being taught is incorrect, what hope do they have of getting questions right.  I think that these mistakes are also frustrating to the students.  It also undermines the authority of the lessons.
    At the end of the day Jon and I got through the frustration of the many lessons and assignments of the day.  Hopefully our relationship will only grow from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment